Mugen Generations
Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Banner15
Mugen Generations
Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Banner15
Mugen Generations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mugen Generations

Comunidad de Mugen Latino donde podrás encontrar noticias, información, tutoriales (Pixelart y Programación) ayuda, y lo que desees.

Portal MGHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inPortalGallery

Share | 

Dragonball Kai: Allstars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome
Libra Male Nº de Posteos : 362

Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm

First topic message reminder :

Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Dbkas-1

hey guys, as some of you know, (and most of you dont) I'm currently working on a full game based on the dragonball series, I've been on the project for coming up on a year in feb or march, the project initially consisted of smaller sprites, but seeing as how I've decided to make this my last dragonball project, I wanted to go all out, so I've gone with sprite size that is about as big as cvs or kof (maybe a bit bigger?)

I'm currently in the production phase (making sheets etc) although I have my system planned out and made somewhat (its based off my last release; son goku) thanks to roken I have few base sheets (fully cleaned shinb sheets before customs, added frames etc) of frieza,goku,piccolo,vegeta,gohan,

The Entire roster list is....

GokuDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 GokuAS
GohanDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 GoAS
VegetaDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Veggie
TrunksDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Trunks
PiccoloDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 PicAs-1
KurrinDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 KurrinAS
TienDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 TienAs
Yamchua(not started\no base)
Recoome (not started\no base)
Jiece(Not started\No Base)
Ginyu(Not Started\No Base)
FreezaDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Fre
17Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 17as
18Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 18
CellDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Cell
Fat BooDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 FBoo
Super BooDragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 BuAS
Gogeta(Not Started\No Base)

Now that the roster is shown let me discuss the system and gameplay :

Button commands:

A- Power Attacks

B- Agility Attacks

X- Melee Attacks

Y - Ki Attacks

Z - Defense

Dash - fwd fwd or back back

Zanzoken - X+A

Power Up - Y+B

Air Dash upward - Up,Up

Attack System:

The attack system is made up of four attack button layouts, Ki,Power,Melee, And Agility, Each attack
button's combo which all consist of 4 hits max (3 hits in the air), start off as a different standard physical attack,followed by said attack buttons style of attacks.

Ki -
Ki's first physical hit are usually moves that would send the opponent across the screen,then usually followed up by 3 basic ki attacks (usually ki shots,small blasts, lazer shots etc.)

Power -Every type of hit in power will consist of strong styled moves,and for some will even consist of slams and throws.

Agility -The Agility button is based on Zanzoken attacks. The first physical attack is usually a move that sends the opponent upwards in an angle, straight up or straight back.

Melee - Melee is the most unique of all the attack buttons, because it very much depends on the character, its basically a signature button of sorts, for piccolo its attacks that focus him stretching his arms, while frieza's has his him utilize his tail and use his Tk. Later I will break down all the diff melee styles and who uses which.

In The Air:

The Attack system is a bit Different in the air, first change is that each attack button consist of 3 attacks max instead of 4, also the 4 buttons are split up into two diff styles of attacking.

Ki and Agility will be aimed at opponents on the ground, while power and melee will focus on opponents in the air.

Advanced Gameplay

Mixed Attack combos - Mixed Attacks Combos are triggered by switching from one attack button to another after the 2nd hit has been initiated,and can go from any different buttons afterward. these chains will create new styled combos,and can go up to 4 hits,as long as a basic attack combo. not to be confused with Ex chains, which I will explain next.

Examples - "X,X,A,B," "B,B,Y,B" "B,B,X,X"

*EX chains- Ex chains are a special type of chaining hits that take power to use(500), and keep a combo going longer the basic 4 hits. they can be triggered after the third hit of a combo to link with another attack button combo,these allow for more hits, as it starts the combo from the initated buttons second attack (ie 3 melee hits, then a ex power chain for 3 more hits. or two power chains followed by a teleport chain,etc.) the ex moves commands are a certain direction, and said button

ie x,x,x,fwd +a,a,a.

*Ex Chain enders - Ex Chain enders add a 5th attack to your combo, and take 250 power to do. they can only be intiated at a 4th hit from a basic,or chained combo.

Examples - "X,X,X,X FWD+B" "X,X,A,B,DOWN+A"

*Ex Chain Supers- these are hidden level 1 supers (1000). depending on the mixed combo you do with a certain ex chain ender hit (ie x,x,y,b,+Fwd,A) and if you have said power (need at least 1000) you will trigger your characters ex chain super.

Dash Attacks - when dashing foward (fwd,fwd) hitting any attack button will give a diff style of dash attack,
Dash attacks are also part of something bigger with the pursuit

Ki- The player charges at the opponent and fires a ki blast

Agilty - the player charges the opponent then teleports behind for a surprise attack

Power - the player rushes the opponent with a strong attack

Melee - Varies.

Pursuit - Pursuits work with the dash attacks,after a dash attack is initialized, hitting one of the four attack buttons, will give you a distinct style of pursuit attack.

Power- the player rushes at the opponent and sends them to the ground with tremendous force.

Agilty - The player catches the opponent with a teleported hit

Ki - The player pursuits the opponent and follows up with a ki attack

Melee- Varies

Defense Button - the defense button will be used to guard, and trigger counters, by hitting the defense button at a certain time during an opponent's combo, you will parry the attack and be allowed to counter by hitting one of the 4 attack buttons.

Recover attack - during a fall state, hitting the defense button and attack button will trigger
a recover attack.

Specials- this is probably the one aspect that will stay the same as what I've always done, kept it the same vein as sf or kof styled specials, with quarter and half circle commands, as well as some charged commands, alot of specials will consist of 2 in 1's and mixing diff styles of gameplay from diff games.

Supers - Most Characters will have 3 level 1 supers, 2 from your common commands found in sf and kof,(qcf,qcb,qcfx2 etc..) and one hidden in the form of a ex chain super.

Level 3 Supers or "AllStar Attack"- Each character will have a level 3 super which will be in the form of a mini game, and will be called their "AllStar Attack" I have a few already thought out, but alot of them are still up in the air atm. so I'm taking ideas for them.

Bonus Games -

I have an idea for two bonus games, one is the great ape challenge, depending your character you will either A. play as a sayajin monkey and fight off attackers trying to cut off your tail, or B. try to cut off the tail of a sayajin monkey. The Second is the little people beatdown, where you have to beat the snot out of as many saibamen and cell jr's you can within a time limit.

I'm currently working on 17 who I am I doing entirely from chris from king of fighters 2002, along with rips from the anime.After I finish him (hopefully by the end of the month) I will start on ginyu,

the screenpack has been thought out for the most part, just been looking for help in the graphics department for some things (like the lifebars) I'm always up for more help as of now I'm keeping my crew small, I'd like to do as much myself as I can, I have a few people working on sprite sheets, some people later for coding, and warner for the games portraits and whatnot. here's a sample of the select screen : Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Select the characters will rotate in and out upon movement.

as far as stages I'm going to be using some that are released already from a friend, with some upgrades, along with some hi res'd sb stages in which I'm sorta looking for help in too.

I'm also looking for a little help in the graphics deparment, I'm trying to go for a more anime-ish feel than a mega graphical beast, so I'm trying effects that look cel shaded in a way.

I'm here to answer any questions I can, and eventually will update everyone with more news as I progress. along with screenshots and whatnot ( I could've done so now, but there's not much to show)

* - ground Only

Last edited by nreo-san on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

Male Nº de Posteos : 675

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 9:25 am

Yeah! Some great news from the author himself! Keep up the good work, man!
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:18 pm

final select screen - Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 SelectScreenPremise

lemme know what you guys think, I kinda took some inspiration from street fighter alpha 3. the big portraits wont be so messy in the final version this was just a mock up.

Contributor
Contributor
sawady

Google Chrome
Libra Male Nº de Posteos : 1731

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:28 pm

I like the graphics in general. Only I don't like de p1 and p2 cursors.

Good luck with this project, I'm waiting it.

Raditz - Goku Legend - Gogeta - Bardock - Yusuke  - Punch Cell! - C-18 V0.3  - HighLight Vegeta - Vegeta Bebi (beta) - Saiyan Saga Game!
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 11:32 pm

yea the cursors for 1p 2p will be better looking in the mugen version of this, I had found the font I wanted to use for it (the same font for the char names and the top screen words) I just found it after I added the cursors :p

Lv 6 - Level Up
Lv 6 - Level Up
E.G.C

Google Chrome
Gemini Male Nº de Posteos : 655

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 2:29 am

This game will be one of the best DBZ games, I am anxiously waiting to be released. Neocide luck!
Back to top Go down
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 8:51 am

As Sawady said the 1P and 2P don't look good with the small portraits, they are really pixelated, but you found another font so there aren't any problems; and also the background isn't very DBZ-ish but I don't have any suggestion for a background... oh wait, you could make a gif:
first frame could be Goku vs Vegeta or Frieza when they're fighting, then the background fades in black and the second frame slowly appears as Trunks vs Cyborg 17 or 18; after that the frame fades in black etc.
Actually I like the idea for the big portraits, hope you don't change this look.
Good luck with this project!
Back to top Go down
ricky88
Lv 2
Lv 2

Male Nº de Posteos : 152

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:52 am

very cool the select screen!! keep it up with the game
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra
Lv 5
Lv 5
Ulquiorra

Mozilla Firefox
Aries Male Nº de Posteos : 507

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 9:52 am

I really like the new select, it looks good. Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Notbad
Good job brother.
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 7:17 pm

G.o.D. wrote:
As Sawady said the 1P and 2P don't look good with the small portraits, they are really pixelated, but you found another font so there aren't any problems; and also the background isn't very DBZ-ish but I don't have any suggestion for a background... oh wait, you could make a gif:
first frame could be Goku vs Vegeta or Frieza when they're fighting, then the background fades in black and the second frame slowly appears as Trunks vs Cyborg 17 or 18; after that the frame fades in black etc.
Actually I like the idea for the big portraits, hope you don't change this look.
Good luck with this project!

the animated background idea is a great idea, I'd have to rip all the frames and whatnot which could be a lot at least to look really good, but I'll definitely implement the animated background idea 059

Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 12:40 pm

Are you going to add a story mode to this game too? I mean with the Mugen Story Mode add-on made by kamiloxnumetal?
Give it a try if you're interested, http://mugenguild.com/forumx/index.php?topic=136211.0 (well, you know this thing better than me).
But it's better to make required things first, just think about it in the end. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:10 pm

I have a story mode setup I'm going to do at a later point in the game's progress. finished getting all the images together for the select screen,all 97 frames @_@.

Spoiler:

once I make a mock up of everything all together I'll post it.

Lv 1
Lv 1
Ryudo

Male Nº de Posteos : 56

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:58 pm

hi Smile add msn Ryudo_x21@hotmail.com
to help with your project Wink
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 7:23 pm

First release Roster Final:

Spoiler:

Ginyu radditz and rickum are maybes depending on time frame I don't know how fraccu is going on ginyu so I took him off the first release roster so he didn't have any pressure to finish him by any sort of date.If you can finish him before the others are
all done, he'll be added to the main roster.

Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 4:51 pm

Show us a fight between 18 and Vegeta! That would be awesome. Smile
Is the screenpack ready? The chars are the only thing to finish now, right?
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 5:59 pm

no they aren't there is a great deal of stuff to be done, I'm currently looking for help with the screenpack. and I don't get what you mean by showing you a fight between 18 and vegeta?

Lv 8
Lv 8

Google Chrome
Gemini Male Nº de Posteos : 829

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 6:35 pm

nreo-san wrote:
no they aren't there is a great deal of stuff to be done, I'm currently looking for help with the screenpack. and I don't get what you mean by showing you a fight between 18 and vegeta?

A gameplay video.
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:15 pm

I showed TONS of videos already, but here

shows off the comboing.

check my channel for other videos, they might show the small sprites, but everything in them is in the big ones as well.

Lv 8
Lv 8

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:26 pm

Neo, i have a question, when you release this game, it will be encrypted, right?
Back to top Go down
Ulquiorra
Lv 5
Lv 5
Ulquiorra

Mozilla Firefox
Aries Male Nº de Posteos : 507

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:28 pm

The_Heartbreaker wrote:
Neo, i have a question, when you release this game, it will be encrypted, right?

Asking this cuz you already plan to rip us off ? Idea
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:34 pm

NVM ulq's comment he's a bit on edge from doing kid buu's base lol.

The_Heartbreaker wrote:

I haven't thought that far ahead. just letting people know now, that if its released and not encrypted the characters will be setup to work in the game setting, and outside of it they might not work as good.

as far as ripping off is concerned if it becomes too bad, I'll just cancel any further progress if we are stolen from too much. But for the most part people have respected me enough not to rip me off.

Lv 8
Lv 8

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Quote :
that if its released and not encrypted the characters will be setup to work in the game setting, and outside of it they might not work as good.

Like the DGZ Saiyan Saga game?

P.D: I send you a PM
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:51 pm

I have no idea, I didn't follow that game much,But I don't plan to have them played outside the game tbh, they'll have features that will work better within the game, but they work fine outside.

people will just lose out on a lot of big features if they remove them from the game itself.

Lv 8
Lv 8

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 11:58 pm

nreo-san wrote:
people will just lose out on a lot of big features if they remove them from the game itself.

Yeah. I know it. I personally try to do the chars of DGZ Saiyan Saga work out of the game, but without sucess. You game will be great. Good luck.
Back to top Go down
The_Heartbreaker
Lv 8
Lv 8

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:06 am

Quote :
Asking this cuz you already plan to rip us off ?

I don't even know how to do it.

And i like this project because it's style, its a full game, will have a different type of combos and all, that's not a reason to rip them off, because the game itself will be great.
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 06, 2012 6:13 pm

7-6-12

Cell has 7 rows left of skin to do, then its on to his boots and spots, and hands then he is done.

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonball Kai: Allstars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next