Mugen Generations
Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Banner15
Mugen Generations
Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Banner15
Mugen Generations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mugen Generations

Comunidad de Mugen Latino donde podrás encontrar noticias, información, tutoriales (Pixelart y Programación) ayuda, y lo que desees.

Portal MGHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inPortalGallery

Share | 

Choujin's style new chars, maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

Male Nº de Posteos : 675

Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Empty
PostSubject: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:17 am

This was a secret (for me): I mean I was the only one who saw this, I think, maybe not.

One year ago I found this video (no youtube) from a chinese website ("their youtube"):
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/k146syQc6BY/?fr=rec1

You can see some edits of the old Choujin chars, edits of other chars in this style (Broly by 557 with new sprites, Android 17 by Neocide & Chrono Strife, Majuub with AF sprites, etc.).

The discussion starts now!
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer
Leo Male Nº de Posteos : 385

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 1:51 pm

haha i know it! i am a chinese , this char is a choujin style, and made by a man named miaoyu, you may seen this name, he made some choujin style char and has released them at some foreign website, like choujin"s homepage, mugenguild and so on. he has contacting choujin and join his style to help with making choujin style chars with another good author called stig87 , his chars like : gohan kid in saiyan saga, kaioshin in buu saga .recoome,fat buu. sorry i don"t like choujin"s char very much, so i forget some other char made by miaoyu and stig87. he said he is making a full game of choujin style chars, 80% chars are original made by himself, he told me he is making a uub in baby vegeta saga 2years ago, but i don"t have his full game"s information these years, his game is named dragonball z : Ultimate Fighter , he has a cool screenpack i like it . so we can have some discussionXD
Back to top Go down
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 2:25 pm

Yeah! That's what I'm talking about!
That will be a great mugen game if he will release it! I watched all of those videos and they were great, also Cooler in his first form!He also fixed some things in the chars.
Too bad Stig87 has retired...
I don't know how I got to tudou website, really, maybe it was destiny, heheh...
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 1:52 am

yes , i think it is has a good system and style, gameplay is also good, like choujin"s gameplay, look like a KOF game haha . there are too many things happened around he, he used to make this game quickly and is interested in his project, but some people broke his good mind i see.
Back to top Go down
oscarstgoscarstg
Lv 2 - Level Up
Lv 2 - Level Up
oscarstgoscarstg

Male Nº de Posteos : 215

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 4:53 pm

me gustarian mas sus chars si les añadiese efectos brillantes a sus magias.
Back to top Go down
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 7:17 pm

Magias??????
Haven't heard of magics, but of Ki based attack such as Ki balls, Energy Wave etc.
Back to top Go down
loo-king
Lv 4
Lv 4
loo-king

Google Chrome
Virgo Male Nº de Posteos : 345

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 9:24 pm

magia ? 135
te refieres al "KI"

a menos que todos sean como babidi XD
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 1:55 am

hey G.o.D and loo-king, i think i understand what he want to express. he said if choujin"s style char can use beautiful fxs like nowadays many char, OS or MFT. then he will like choujin"s char very much, he just want choujin"s char be more cool .
Back to top Go down
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:07 am

Well, maybe FXs can be cool or not and they add a bit more quality in the char, but we mustn't forget that gameplay defines the char the most: let me explain, if a char has great FXs but not a good gameplay, it doesn't worth the download...
In my opinion Choujin's chars are good because they're balanced and fun to play as, and FXs suit that style too.
And if Miaoyu (and pt_wu and GoGo Toshio) finish/es this chars, he/she/they will be remembered after centuries.
I'm looking especially for that Mystic Gohan, really awesome edits.
Look at this:
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/WRic-ySXyLI/?fr=rec1
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:54 am

yes i know choujin"s char is good at play , then , miaoyu is pt wu ,they are one people... and next , i will tell you something happen to he, i think you must know some full game called what dbz mugen 2010 2011 2012 and such mugen char collect games, there are more than 100 chars in the mugen , and the author download many public chars and stages, sounds and so on, use these sources add to a empty mugen ,then download a beautiful screenpack or some auhor will make a new screenpack for game ,then releasing the chars collect mugen in many website, yes , many these type games in chinese website, it is too mess and no balance , all in all ,it is shit ! but many people like that , in china, many beginner of dbz mugen are all like play 2011 2010 games, so miaoyu"s game have no chance to spread, new mugen fan are said that choujin"s chars are ugly and bad fxs, they like that 2010 games rather than choujin style, what is more, some people ,maybe one or two man, they come to a dbz mugen fourm to criticize miaoyu"s game and chars, said they are garbage....then miaoyu angry with these people and said if you guys like some chars who are beautiful and good at fireworks, you can play your dbz mugen 2010, and i will quit the dbz mugen world and close my project right now!
this is video of mugen 2011.
http://www.tudou.com/programs/view/hC4WLy2H7b4/?fr=rec1&FR=LIAN

so this is miaoyu"s thing i know in 2010, he has quit making chars 2years long.... 071
then the mystic gohan is a good edit char, i like the combos haha
Back to top Go down
SG_SSJ!
Lv 1
Lv 1
SG_SSJ!

Internet Explorer
Sagittarius Male Nº de Posteos : 12

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 7:27 am

So...can't you contact him or something? I always loved Choujin styled chars and seeing those those videos made me think that I would be seeing more of them (I mean just look at that Gohan, It has his hyper Dimension pose in arcade style...how awesome is that?) and the screenpack he made is something different and nice looking (he uses nothing more than BT3 renders and still makes them look nice) so, If you could contact him and convice him that there are people who like his chars (or better, show him this forum I'm sure he'll love it) maybe someday we can actually see some more Choujin Styled chars.
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 am

SG_SSJ! wrote:
So...can't you contact him or something? I always loved Choujin styled chars and seeing those those videos made me think that I would be seeing more of them (I mean just look at that Gohan, It has his hyper Dimension pose in arcade style...how awesome is that?) and the screenpack he made is something different and nice looking (he uses nothing more than BT3 renders and still makes them look nice) so, If you could contact him and convice him that there are people who like his chars (or better, show him this forum I'm sure he'll love it) maybe someday we can actually see some more Choujin Styled chars.
unfortunately, i have contact miaoyu just now, i tell he this fourm and he can find confidence here, many foreign mugen fun will like his chars, but he said he dosen"t has time to make games , he said he is old, now is young people"s time to create goo chars in mugen world,,, i guess his heart is tired, but i know he not old, he maybe 25 years old now, i think he should work hard in his real life but not in mugen world,, so he tell me he is give up the project , but he will find someday if he is free, he will releasing chars who is been completed. like some uub , cooler ? or some chars..... 057
Back to top Go down
SG_SSJ!
Lv 1
Lv 1
SG_SSJ!

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 8:41 am

MUGENGOD wrote:
unfortunately, i have contact miaoyu just now, i tell he this fourm and he can find confidence here, many foreign mugen fun will like his chars, but he said he dosen"t has time to make games , he said he is old, now is young people"s time to create goo chars in mugen world,,, i guess his heart is tired, but i know he not old, he maybe 25 years old now, i think he should work hard in his real life but not in mugen world,, so he tell me he is give up the project , but he will find someday if he is free, he will releasing chars who is been completed. like some uub , cooler ? or some chars..... 057

Awesome, maybe that "I'm old thing" is just a tease, I mean, everybody tought that choujin was dead after his Gohan release (which was in 2008) and then last year he released King Piccolo, but we never know. But in that site, they were two accounts that contained videos of that "DBZ Ultimate Fighter" so I guess he wasn't working alone.
Back to top Go down
G.o.D.
Contributor
Contributor

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 9:13 am

I can't stand those compilations, I hate them!!
They should only release the screenpack, they're not half bad.

But sadly that happens also here with Ristar's so called "games", compilation of all chars he can find and put into a beautiful screenpack only to please fans.

Choujin's "team", if you're reading this, don't listen to useless comments like "It's garbage" or "It doesn't have good FXs": you've done a great work with those chars and edits, and you've made a great mugen game, better than those compilations.
Just look at Rokcorp and ZGteam mugen 2005 game: that is a good game, with its gameplay and look.
You've made another one, it's called "DBZ Ultimate Fighters", and it looks like you put a lot of effort in it!
You should listen only to constructive criticism and feedback, not to comments like those you heard.
Take your time, don't hurry, we'll wait for this.

My opinion? I would rather wait for a few well coded chars like yours than use a compilation, they suck.
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 11:43 am

To SG_SSJ!:
yes he probably have a team, he doesn"t good at draw sprites, so i think he might have a spriter, then he and stig87 is good friend and coder, he will upload video when he is free, if he is busy his spriter will instead to uploading that.

To G.o.D:
i also hate compilations, that is too bad and nothing is good , i don"t think any game like dbz 2010 will have a cool screenpack, just some new mugen fan like , in my view, screenpack are also terrible, a lot of screen is edit from other public screens, they just edit the screen without author"s permission, just add or chage some pictures but have no technical content in it. but i don"t know why beginners will like that game ? is it good for they? that game collect many different style chars, every char have their own system, attack, damage and so on, it is a mess and no balance, some broly ssj3 ssj4 ssj5 in it ,they can kill you just a punch ..... why that people will like download this? i really don"t know there mind...
and miaoyu tell me he has stop the game, i don"t sure it"s true or false, his blog is said he is making games slowly, maybe he lost his enthusiasm.
Back to top Go down
SG_SSJ!
Lv 1
Lv 1
SG_SSJ!

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 17, 2012 6:11 pm

The thing about compilation is just that...it's a compilation, the characters clash like hell there's no balance and they just...don't work, That's why I think we should extlabish a system for DBZ chars, so that most of them feel the same (Like the Street Fighter series).
And yeah maybe he just lost enthusiasm, I mean, It's not like many people actually do Choujin Styled chars or sprites, so maybe he just has no motivation.
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 3:11 am

yeah, choujin"s style is less now, he don"t know if he create chooujin"s char, will people all like it ? nowadays chars are all in new styles, good looking, good fxs ,he think no one will like his old style chars.
and do you think we should establish a system for dbz char like street fighter or KOF? same fxs and same systems , all chars are have standard property to paly ? yes i agree with you , if dragonball will have this standard, chars will be more good at gameplay, but many author like make a new or different style with other chars, they think feature is a good way to attract players, i also have this idea, i really have no good sparks ,charges to use in my char, but if i use same fxs like team OS and MFT, I am afraid that the players will thinks I don"t have features , then nobody will like my char and in people"s eyes i will be a copyist of many famous dbz mugen teams. 057
Back to top Go down
SG_SSJ!
Lv 1
Lv 1
SG_SSJ!

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 6:29 am

Well just look at "Cybalthazar"'s Goku, he doesn't have any SUUPER-DUPER-AWESOME-LOOKING sfx but lots of people like it, heck It's been my favourite char for a while now, and it plays just like a CvS char with some DBZ features (Air Dashing, Beam Clashing, Running Clash and the melee connects in a Budokai-Style way), so it isn't any different from Choujin's chars, because they play like MvC with a twist of GGXX with some of the DBZ features listed above.

And that's what make them so fun, finding a balance between what people are accostumaded to play and add something fresh and new that will make people find out what it is.
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 8:54 am

okay i understand what you said, it is really the main spirit of dbz mugen chars, i will try to create some char good to play.
Back to top Go down
JocaTheBest
Lv 1
Lv 1

Google Chrome
Male Nº de Posteos : 19

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 08, 2012 12:56 pm

Will somebody continue making choujin style characters?Because i think they are the best balanced dbz characters i have ever seen.
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 09, 2012 2:02 pm

JocaTheBest wrote:
Will somebody continue making choujin style characters?Because i think they are the best balanced dbz characters i have ever seen.

yeah , one person in China, but he has already stop his project one or two years ago..this is unfortunate,maybe some day he will public chars he had made or maybe won"t. 135
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Choujin's style new chars, maybe?   Choujin's style new chars, maybe? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Choujin's style new chars, maybe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1