Mugen Generations
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Banner15
Mugen Generations
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Banner15
Mugen Generations
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mugen Generations

Comunidad de Mugen Latino donde podrás encontrar noticias, información, tutoriales (Pixelart y Programación) ayuda, y lo que desees.

Portal MGHomeLatest imagesRegisterLog inPortalGallery

Share | 

Dragonball Kai: Allstars

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome
Libra Male Nº de Posteos : 362

Dragonball Kai: Allstars Empty
PostSubject: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 5:37 pm

Dragonball Kai: Allstars Dbkas-1

hey guys, as some of you know, (and most of you dont) I'm currently working on a full game based on the dragonball series, I've been on the project for coming up on a year in feb or march, the project initially consisted of smaller sprites, but seeing as how I've decided to make this my last dragonball project, I wanted to go all out, so I've gone with sprite size that is about as big as cvs or kof (maybe a bit bigger?)

I'm currently in the production phase (making sheets etc) although I have my system planned out and made somewhat (its based off my last release; son goku) thanks to roken I have few base sheets (fully cleaned shinb sheets before customs, added frames etc) of frieza,goku,piccolo,vegeta,gohan,

The Entire roster list is....

GokuDragonball Kai: Allstars GokuAS
GohanDragonball Kai: Allstars GoAS
VegetaDragonball Kai: Allstars Veggie
TrunksDragonball Kai: Allstars Trunks
PiccoloDragonball Kai: Allstars PicAs-1
KurrinDragonball Kai: Allstars KurrinAS
TienDragonball Kai: Allstars TienAs
Yamchua(not started\no base)
Recoome (not started\no base)
Jiece(Not started\No Base)
Ginyu(Not Started\No Base)
FreezaDragonball Kai: Allstars Fre
17Dragonball Kai: Allstars 17as
18Dragonball Kai: Allstars 18
CellDragonball Kai: Allstars Cell
Fat BooDragonball Kai: Allstars FBoo
Super BooDragonball Kai: Allstars BuAS
Gogeta(Not Started\No Base)

Now that the roster is shown let me discuss the system and gameplay :

Button commands:

A- Power Attacks

B- Agility Attacks

X- Melee Attacks

Y - Ki Attacks

Z - Defense

Dash - fwd fwd or back back

Zanzoken - X+A

Power Up - Y+B

Air Dash upward - Up,Up

Attack System:

The attack system is made up of four attack button layouts, Ki,Power,Melee, And Agility, Each attack
button's combo which all consist of 4 hits max (3 hits in the air), start off as a different standard physical attack,followed by said attack buttons style of attacks.

Ki -
Ki's first physical hit are usually moves that would send the opponent across the screen,then usually followed up by 3 basic ki attacks (usually ki shots,small blasts, lazer shots etc.)

Power -Every type of hit in power will consist of strong styled moves,and for some will even consist of slams and throws.

Agility -The Agility button is based on Zanzoken attacks. The first physical attack is usually a move that sends the opponent upwards in an angle, straight up or straight back.

Melee - Melee is the most unique of all the attack buttons, because it very much depends on the character, its basically a signature button of sorts, for piccolo its attacks that focus him stretching his arms, while frieza's has his him utilize his tail and use his Tk. Later I will break down all the diff melee styles and who uses which.

In The Air:

The Attack system is a bit Different in the air, first change is that each attack button consist of 3 attacks max instead of 4, also the 4 buttons are split up into two diff styles of attacking.

Ki and Agility will be aimed at opponents on the ground, while power and melee will focus on opponents in the air.

Advanced Gameplay

Mixed Attack combos - Mixed Attacks Combos are triggered by switching from one attack button to another after the 2nd hit has been initiated,and can go from any different buttons afterward. these chains will create new styled combos,and can go up to 4 hits,as long as a basic attack combo. not to be confused with Ex chains, which I will explain next.

Examples - "X,X,A,B," "B,B,Y,B" "B,B,X,X"

*EX chains- Ex chains are a special type of chaining hits that take power to use(500), and keep a combo going longer the basic 4 hits. they can be triggered after the third hit of a combo to link with another attack button combo,these allow for more hits, as it starts the combo from the initated buttons second attack (ie 3 melee hits, then a ex power chain for 3 more hits. or two power chains followed by a teleport chain,etc.) the ex moves commands are a certain direction, and said button

ie x,x,x,fwd +a,a,a.

*Ex Chain enders - Ex Chain enders add a 5th attack to your combo, and take 250 power to do. they can only be intiated at a 4th hit from a basic,or chained combo.

Examples - "X,X,X,X FWD+B" "X,X,A,B,DOWN+A"

*Ex Chain Supers- these are hidden level 1 supers (1000). depending on the mixed combo you do with a certain ex chain ender hit (ie x,x,y,b,+Fwd,A) and if you have said power (need at least 1000) you will trigger your characters ex chain super.

Dash Attacks - when dashing foward (fwd,fwd) hitting any attack button will give a diff style of dash attack,
Dash attacks are also part of something bigger with the pursuit

Ki- The player charges at the opponent and fires a ki blast

Agilty - the player charges the opponent then teleports behind for a surprise attack

Power - the player rushes the opponent with a strong attack

Melee - Varies.

Pursuit - Pursuits work with the dash attacks,after a dash attack is initialized, hitting one of the four attack buttons, will give you a distinct style of pursuit attack.

Power- the player rushes at the opponent and sends them to the ground with tremendous force.

Agilty - The player catches the opponent with a teleported hit

Ki - The player pursuits the opponent and follows up with a ki attack

Melee- Varies

Defense Button - the defense button will be used to guard, and trigger counters, by hitting the defense button at a certain time during an opponent's combo, you will parry the attack and be allowed to counter by hitting one of the 4 attack buttons.

Recover attack - during a fall state, hitting the defense button and attack button will trigger
a recover attack.

Specials- this is probably the one aspect that will stay the same as what I've always done, kept it the same vein as sf or kof styled specials, with quarter and half circle commands, as well as some charged commands, alot of specials will consist of 2 in 1's and mixing diff styles of gameplay from diff games.

Supers - Most Characters will have 3 level 1 supers, 2 from your common commands found in sf and kof,(qcf,qcb,qcfx2 etc..) and one hidden in the form of a ex chain super.

Level 3 Supers or "AllStar Attack"- Each character will have a level 3 super which will be in the form of a mini game, and will be called their "AllStar Attack" I have a few already thought out, but alot of them are still up in the air atm. so I'm taking ideas for them.

Bonus Games -

I have an idea for two bonus games, one is the great ape challenge, depending your character you will either A. play as a sayajin monkey and fight off attackers trying to cut off your tail, or B. try to cut off the tail of a sayajin monkey. The Second is the little people beatdown, where you have to beat the snot out of as many saibamen and cell jr's you can within a time limit.

I'm currently working on 17 who I am I doing entirely from chris from king of fighters 2002, along with rips from the anime.After I finish him (hopefully by the end of the month) I will start on ginyu,

the screenpack has been thought out for the most part, just been looking for help in the graphics department for some things (like the lifebars) I'm always up for more help as of now I'm keeping my crew small, I'd like to do as much myself as I can, I have a few people working on sprite sheets, some people later for coding, and warner for the games portraits and whatnot. here's a sample of the select screen : Dragonball Kai: Allstars Select the characters will rotate in and out upon movement.

as far as stages I'm going to be using some that are released already from a friend, with some upgrades, along with some hi res'd sb stages in which I'm sorta looking for help in too.

I'm also looking for a little help in the graphics deparment, I'm trying to go for a more anime-ish feel than a mega graphical beast, so I'm trying effects that look cel shaded in a way.

I'm here to answer any questions I can, and eventually will update everyone with more news as I progress. along with screenshots and whatnot ( I could've done so now, but there's not much to show)

* - ground Only

Last edited by nreo-san on Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
artani
Lv 1
Lv 1

Male Nº de Posteos : 52

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 6:21 pm

WOW Realy Great Project i hope you finished it
Back to top Go down
sawady
Contributor
Contributor
sawady

Google Chrome
Libra Male Nº de Posteos : 1731

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:01 pm

good luck people...

Only, I am disagree with the button system of only one button for kicks and punchs...

don't try to imitate the budokai system, it doesn't work for the 2d fighting game like...

All the sprites are awesome, except for trunks xD... maybe the hair or something...

Raditz - Goku Legend - Gogeta - Bardock - Yusuke  - Punch Cell! - C-18 V0.3  - HighLight Vegeta - Vegeta Bebi (beta) - Saiyan Saga Game!
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:07 pm

I'm not going with a conventional fighter system and I explained to you that. I think db's system is way too advanced to be limited to punches and kicks like a conventional fighter.

and the budokai system isnt bad for 2d, it just has to be implemented correctly,and with 1.1'a zoom feature it'll work even better now. my son goku proved that you dont need to go with a traditional system and work fine in a fighter, especially in a closed off game. and with the improvements I've made, it's going to work great.

honestly, I'm tired of the simple light,hard punch kick aspect in db fighters, its not how they should be implemented into mugen, its overused and boring now.

Administrator
Administrator
gabe555

Google Chrome
Aquarius Male Nº de Posteos : 1962

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 03, 2011 7:20 pm

I can't believe the amazing quality of sprites and the similaritie with the anime serie.
Not totally agree with the gameplay, I can't imagine it, but it's a full game so ,it's okay, let's try something new.

Dragonball Kai: Allstars HROJ6q9
Spoiler:

- Pertenezco a la banda de los Trasnochados del Chat  Dragonball Kai: Allstars Dh8lU
Back to top Go down
http://gabe555-mugen.es.tl/
ricky88
Lv 2
Lv 2

Male Nº de Posteos : 152

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:01 am

wow fantastic project!! psrites are simply awsome!! a question: goku will have the transformations in game or there will be 3 goku different chars (normal, ssj and ssj3) ?

i hope to see this project finished very soon!!
Back to top Go down
MUGENGOD
Lv 4
Lv 4
MUGENGOD

Internet Explorer
Leo Male Nº de Posteos : 385

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 7:26 am

it is a cool game !i very hope it will be releasing soon .good luck ,nreo-san! and can you tell me that will you add more char into the game or just this chars ? i hope it will be more,just my opnion..... and will you encrypting this mugen ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
eliasfrick
Lv 1
Lv 1
eliasfrick

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:08 pm

realmente muy pero muy bueno espero que lo terminen rapido para jugarlo 063 Ssj Smile
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contributor
Contributor

Google Chrome
Sagittarius Male Nº de Posteos : 1271

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Vegeta @_@ is exelent, good proyect
Back to top Go down
MultiRJ
Lv 1
Lv 1
MultiRJ

Google Chrome
Gemini Male Nº de Posteos : 69

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 am

quality of characters look awesome I'm also making DBkai Mugen but your game look much better then mine Good Luck with this game 070
Back to top Go down
http://www.mugendeadzone.ucoz.com
mephistopheles
Lv 1
Lv 1
mephistopheles

Virgo Male Nº de Posteos : 87

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 7:02 pm

felicidades muy buen proyecto sigue asi
Back to top Go down
http://mephistopheles-mugen-chars.webnode.mx/chars/
kdash
Lv 1
Lv 1
kdash

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:28 am

verygoodwip
yourgameisgreat
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:08 pm

1-24-11

ok I started some work on the base, sadly I chose goku(who was already sff'd) who's frame count atm isnt complete (he needs more unique attacks for the Z system) this isnt the goku in the game, this is just one version of him that is sff'd the one in the game will be with his orange gi and no belt (basically how he looked during the cell saga)

Zanzoken:
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen006-1
I did normal zanzoken like kof's roll system, might add a roll link during physical hits like in kof2k2 (and possibly some other kof's but I cant remember)

Melee Attack:
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen109
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen047
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen062
ok I changed the system up some to cater to conventional fighters. the normal system is like my older characters
basics were (see my teen gohan or majin vegeta) with the unconventional (z system) being used with a direction
ie: A would be a light kick, while fwd + a would be a power attack. this works for all 4 offensive buttons. here goku's melee attack, he starts with a rising kick(fwd X) that sends the opponent in the air with him, then followed up by a spinning kick (fwd x) then finally a two handed smash down (fwd x again) for the final hit.

each z system combo will consist of 3 hits total, but can link with the basic fight system.

Ki Attack
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen025-1
for the moment his ki attack consists of three ki shots you can do one after the other by pressing fwd + y
z combos (all the fwd + button moves) will link with one another and create different types of attacks then you'd normally get by pressing said command, thus I kept normal ki shots to the basic ki attack combo

I havent done the power or agilty(teleport) attacks but I did start on his defense button and finished this

Ki destroyer
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen076
this is basically done with c, any normal type of projectiles will be destroyed if you hit c at the right time, it'll also cost about 15 power to do.

well thats it for now But, I wanted to ask people opinions on if I should make the Z system moves cost power to do.

Lv 1
Lv 1
eliasfrick

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 4:36 pm

que bueno q esta ese gokuuu !! bas genial tu proyecto suerte!
Back to top Go down
ZacK
Lv 2
Lv 2
ZacK

Male Nº de Posteos : 119

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:21 pm

everything its really good, im impressed for the quality in your sprites, they are very originals...good luck with the proyect.
Greetings
Back to top Go down
Seth
Contributor
Contributor

Google Chrome
Sagittarius Male Nº de Posteos : 1271

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:46 pm

O.o Great Work ;D
Back to top Go down
gabe555
Administrator
Administrator
gabe555

Google Chrome
Aquarius Male Nº de Posteos : 1962

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 9:49 pm

nreo-san wrote:
I wanted to ask people opinions on if I should make the Z system moves cost power to do.

Definitely no, I like to abuse of things with teleport, that's what a DBZ char is made for. So, 'd be so limited for me... (that is what I imagined with da Z system you said)

When you say Power Attacks you mean Ki? in that case, IMO, fwd + something, musnt be for ki attacks (thats what I undertood), I'd leave a button exclusively for that, I press fwd everytime along the battle and I woulnt like to shot ki everytime.

Small Question: Are you planning some (automatic) meteor smashes for all characters like UB22? Would be awesome.

Dragonball Kai: Allstars HROJ6q9
Spoiler:

- Pertenezco a la banda de los Trasnochados del Chat  Dragonball Kai: Allstars Dh8lU
Back to top Go down
http://gabe555-mugen.es.tl/
Vieja_Del_Agua
Contributor
Contributor

Taurus Male Nº de Posteos : 1118

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Muy buenos sprites, pero son muy grandes. A mi gusto, me parece que no tendrían que ocupar tanto espacio por el stilo de pelea de DBZ (combos con teletransportación, ataques de ki a larga distancia o recargables, vuelos o dash aéreos). Y creo que a una corta distancia eso no se puede aprovechar mucho en la jugabilidad o en lo visual del juego.
Ahora, si el juego va a salir para el nuevo mugen donde se alejan las stages está bien que los sprites sean así.

PD: Perdón pero no se escribir en inglés XD. Si alguién puede que traduzca Oops!.
Back to top Go down
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:19 pm

no automatic combos I really dont like them, there will be small auto combos (two\three hitters)

Quote :
When you say Power Attacks you mean Ki?

no power attacks are just strong based attacks that end with a wall bounce or custom state fall and stuff in that nature.

Quote :
IMO, fwd + something, musnt be for ki attacks (thats what I undertood), I'd leave a button exclusively for that, I press fwd everytime along the battle and I woulnt like to shot ki everytime.

well all the z system attack buttons are mapped out to fwd command, why would you hold fwd all the time when you play? lol are you running at the opponent all the time? =p

its done like this so its easy to chain with the rest of the system and into other z attacks, making its own button would just slow down the system plus all the buttons are used.

(z is power up,and c is the guard button)

I was considering having it so that if you tap Z Z twice you'd switch to the Z system, but that limits the combo chaining so I decided agaisnt it.

and ok, I figured as much when it came to needing power to do the Z system, although I was going to keep the power usage minimal say like 1-2 to 5 power to do. But yea I understand. also about abusing moves, I dont want that, I'd hate for someone to just be able to just do the same move over and over again to win.

also to all the spanish speakers, I have no idea what your saying, so if sawady or someone who is fluent in both languages can translate or if you can speak english somewhat, please do, or I wont be able to respond to your comments

-edit I forgot to mention for the first release I decided to cut the roster down to 12

Goku normal to ssj (his cell arc look)
vegeta ssj to ussj
ssj2 teen gohan
Trunks (debating weather to use first appearance or juse with black tank top and no sword that version = less editing)
Piccolo
Kurrin
Rickum
Ginyu
Freeza
Cell

after that release I'll work on boo saga and sayajin saga along with movie characters, which I'll put up to vote (3 characters) every month to who should be in next.

Lv 9
Lv 9
Iory

Mozilla Firefox
Aries Male Nº de Posteos : 904

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 10:58 pm

muy bueno,no me gustan mucho los fx pero gustos son gustos no?,espero que os valla bien en sus proyectos
Back to top Go down
Dragolink
Lv 10
Lv 10
Dragolink

Google Chrome
Male Nº de Posteos : 1244

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 1:24 am

looks Very Nice...

Creo que aun estan en la fase de el Comienzo... No lo voy a esperar este a~o XD...
I Like the Sprite Quiality!!...
I Dont Like those Fxs...

nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 am

the effects look better on other stages, the blue training room clashes with it, and I'm trying to mimic the effects from the show, which werent really flashy.

Lv 1
Lv 1
MultiRJ

Google Chrome
Gemini Male Nº de Posteos : 69

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:01 am

nreo-san wrote:
1-24-11

ok I started some work on the base, sadly I chose goku(who was already sff'd) who's frame count atm isnt complete (he needs more unique attacks for the Z system) this isnt the goku in the game, this is just one version of him that is sff'd the one in the game will be with his orange gi and no belt (basically how he looked during the cell saga)

Zanzoken:
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen006-1
I did normal zanzoken like kof's roll system, might add a roll link during physical hits like in kof2k2 (and possibly some other kof's but I cant remember)

Melee Attack:
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen109
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen047
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen062
ok I changed the system up some to cater to conventional fighters. the normal system is like my older characters
basics were (see my teen gohan or majin vegeta) with the unconventional (z system) being used with a direction
ie: A would be a light kick, while fwd + a would be a power attack. this works for all 4 offensive buttons. here goku's melee attack, he starts with a rising kick(fwd X) that sends the opponent in the air with him, then followed up by a spinning kick (fwd x) then finally a two handed smash down (fwd x again) for the final hit.

each z system combo will consist of 3 hits total, but can link with the basic fight system.

Ki Attack
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen025-1
for the moment his ki attack consists of three ki shots you can do one after the other by pressing fwd + y
z combos (all the fwd + button moves) will link with one another and create different types of attacks then you'd normally get by pressing said command, thus I kept normal ki shots to the basic ki attack combo

I havent done the power or agilty(teleport) attacks but I did start on his defense button and finished this

Ki destroyer
Dragonball Kai: Allstars Mugen076
this is basically done with c, any normal type of projectiles will be destroyed if you hit c at the right time, it'll also cost about 15 power to do.

well thats it for now But, I wanted to ask people opinions on if I should make the Z system moves cost power to do.

JUST ONE QUESTION WHAT RES OF THIS GAME ? 074 xD
Back to top Go down
http://www.mugendeadzone.ucoz.com
nreo-san
Lv 4
Lv 4
nreo-san

Google Chrome

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:25 am

it'll be 720p

Lv 1
Lv 1
kdash

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 10:29 am

Goku,the spritesiswell
good luck toyou
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dragonball Kai: Allstars   Dragonball Kai: Allstars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dragonball Kai: Allstars

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next